It's My Blog And I'll Say What I Want To

Serena Update

I just received a comment from another blogger stating the following:

sheilasultani said... July 12, 2008 2:12 PM
Hi - I donated some money about 3 weeks ago for Serena through the blog her dad had put up, yesterday I recieved a refund of that money from her dad, the reason stated, "Serena passed away last Sunday" (heartbreaking)


I had sent a message to her father this morning asking if, when he has time to give us an update. My heart is so heavy today in learning this. It's a shame that in this day and age we still have not found the means to help such a beautiful little girl but we have bombs that can destroy whole countries. Quite frankly, our priorities are just f*cked up.

Since Serena has passed away, i'll have to decide what to do with the funds we've raised. I'll investigate some things and put up a poll for people to vote on where it should go.

Please offer a prayer and thoughts of strength and healing for Serena's family. Thank God I can't imagine what they must be going through, but I sincerely hope that they find peace in knowing so many of us cared about their little angel.

Nessa

9 comments:

Oh I think I want to be ill. That makes me so sad. My thoughts and prayers will be with her family.

Alyson, the 3 P's Mama

Life is beautiful however short.......... My condolences. It isn't easy for Serena father but for the sweet memories of Serena, one should cherish them & lives to the fullest!! May god bless you too for your kindness, Nessa.

Shrek from MyBlogLog

My deepest condolences to the family.

Oh, no. I have those widgets on most of my blogs, so I will take them down. Maybe I will just put RIP on all of them and link them to the American Cancer Society.

God love you for caring, so many people did not.

OMG how sad!!! I'm keeping them in my prayers... I wonder if he wouldn't still need the money for funeral costs?

I just want to cry now...

That is so sad... I'll definitely be keeping this family in my thoughts and prayers.

I was thinking the same thing about the money. First I couldn't believe he sent it back, you don't see that very often and then I wished he had just kept it, for expenses or at least to donate it somewhere.

Now comes the hard part for the family! They are in my prayers. Burying a child has been told to me to be the most painful experience you can endure, may God bless her family.

I have been following the story keeping Serena and her family in my thoughts. My prepaid credit card expired and have been waiting for my new one to get here...which it did. I came here to follow your links to make a donation. Let me know what you all decide to do with the money. If it's going to be sent elsewhere I will still make a donation...if I can.
It breaks my heart to hear this! I will continue to keep the family in my thoughts!