It's My Blog And I'll Say What I Want To

Boca Java Coffee

Not too long ago I needed a software title to fix my computer. In order to get it, I needed to pay $24. I didn't want to do this so I opted out and as I did I got this pop up that asked me to complete an offer and said i could get the software title I wanted for free if I did. So I checked to see what was offered. I LOVE coffee and I drink alot of it. So when I saw that one of the offers was for Boca Java coffee and it said that I could get 4 gourmet coffee's for 12.95 and get the software as well, I decided this wasn't too bad a deal. Sort of a 2 for 1 thing. Plus, it was coffee, Total Bonus there!

Soooooooo, I placed the order and it arrived about 5-7 days later. Let me tell you, it smells divine! There are no words to explain the sheer bliss in smelling these coffee's. Which would be great if these were air fresheners, they'd be fantastic. I literally woke up one morning because the coffee smelled sooooooooooo good. It was really disappointing though to taste it and think "who threw in the old sock?" when i tasted it.

Ya see, I have this funny thing, an odd little quirk that causes me to want to actually DRINK coffee. Well except for the chocolate covered Espresso beans, but you get the point. Out of the 4 bags I received, only one tastes at all like something i'd be interested in buying again. With all of them, I had to use way too much of it to get any real body from it at all. I was surprised. I am not a fan of really strong coffee, so when i tell you that i had to use more than half a filter of coffee for a 10 cup pot, to me, that's a whole lot of coffee! I figure out of each bag, for it to be close to having some real taste, i'll get 2 and a half pots from each bag. That's not what I'd call a good value at all! I don't care if it's gourmet or not.

Now, that said, they have several other flavors that might be better. I chose mostly regular types without all the vanilla and other such flavorings. The one flavored coffee I chose "Tropical Kiss" smelled great and wasn't too bad, just had a twang to it that i just didn't like and not enough coffee flavor. It is a lighter blend though so that could be part of the reason.

The others I chose, Boca Sunrise, Panamanian Rainforest and Ocean Drive are all Light-Medium Roasts. Ocean Drive is okay, I'd probably buy it again, but at this point I'd rather have good ole Maxwell House.

According to a Yahoo article I read last week, Eight O'clock coffee, Columbian blend won high marks over Starbucks and other gourmet coffee's so maybe i'll try it next. it's in the grocery store and i don't have to wait to have it shipped, but it only comes in whole bean at the stores i've looked in so far. Sooooo, I guess i need to find me a coffee grinder now.

Anyway, i'm not going to say that Boca Java's coffee's are awful, maybe i'd be happier with a darker roast that i haven't tried yet. Perhaps at some point i'll do that, but considering how disappointed I am with the ones I did try, it will likely be awhile before I try again.

Nessa
Add to Technorati Favorites

3 comments:

I stopped by to drop my Entrecard, had to leave a comment. Ever since I discovered Boca Java about a year ago, it's been the ONLY coffee I drink at home! I get two bags every two weeks, one Vacation Villa Vanilla and the other I alternate between Surfin' Safari and Caramel Kiss Island. I use two tablespoons of grounds for every 8 ounces of water, and my son and I have a cup every morning. I guess it's not for everyone though :)

Was the software what you needed? Too bad the coffee wasn't all that great.

That does sound good. I love coffee too. I always have to have a cup of coffee in the morning. Have a wonderful weekend!