It's My Blog And I'll Say What I Want To

International Holiday Recipe #1- Mexican Hot Chocolate

Through Christmas I've decided to post a recipe a day, but with a twist. I'm going to explore recipes from other countries and cultures. When possible, if applicable, I will also include the origins of the item or explain why they are served at Christmas. perhaps this will be a good way to uh, hold my interest over here lol. We'll see. At any rate, maybe it will be a learning experience for anyone who stops by. If anyone has recipes they'd like to have considered or if you have suggestions for a recipe to be posted, please feel free to comment and I'll get in touch with you and give you a link back :)



Today's recipe is an easy one. I'm starting with this one because I actually tried it today and it's actually quite good! I got the recipe from Allrecipes.com, my favorite place for recipes, ANY time.

Ingredients:
  • 3 tablespoons instant hot chocolate mix
  • 1 tablespoon chocolate syrup
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1 pinch chili powder
  • 1/4 cup milk
  • 3/4 cup boiling water
Directions:
  1. In a large mug, mix the hot chocolate mix, chocolate syrup, cinnamon, and chili powder. Pour in the milk. Add the boiling water and stir.

I know it sounds nuts to add chili powder but try it. It's a great taste and adds just a little kick.
I'm guessing this is served by more than just the Spanish culture and more often than at Christmas but like I said. I tried it today and had to share it.

See? I even took a pic of it.

In retrospect, perhaps my Alamo Holiday mug isn't the best way to showcase this lol, or maybe it's perfect. Depends on how you look at it I suppose. Regardless, it really is a wonderful recipe. Give it a try and let me know what you think.

Nessa







Add to Technorati Favorites

0 comments: