It's My Blog And I'll Say What I Want To

New Years Resolutions?

I didn't make any this year myself. I didn't last year either. Why? Because they never last. I try but old habits die hard. I LIKE chocolate. I know I won't really give it up to lose weight. I mean I make a really good try at it and then that time of month hits and Look out world, someone better get me some chocolate! It could get dangerous! So for the sake of my community, I eat chocolate. Nice of me to think of others so selflessly isn't it?

Anyway, no resolutions this year. I did however make a decision. I've decided that come hell or high water, we ARE going to eat healthier. Not that we really eat badly now but we need to be eating more fish and veggies than we currently do. I don't even know why we haven't been eating them since the whole family likes both. i think it's just been a bit of laziness on my part when it comes to buying groceries. I've been getting what's easy and good for us and not considering a few extra minutes to cook more veggies or broil some fish would be even better.

Sooooooo, meals around here will be a'changin'. While I was looking around at allrecipes.com for recipes to make new stuff to fit into this new change I noticed there's a new segment there titled "New You". it's full of fantastic, low calorie recipes to help those of you who made a resolution to eat healthier, lose weight, etc. Check it out and see what you think. I've decided to start with this recipe tomorrow.

Garlic Salmon


Ingredients

* 1 1/2 pounds salmon fillet
* salt and pepper to taste
* 3 cloves garlic, minced
* 1 sprig fresh dill, chopped
* 5 slices lemon
* 5 sprigs fresh dill weed
* 2 green onions, chopped

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). Spray two large pieces of aluminum foil with cooking spray.
2. Place salmon fillet on top of one piece of foil. Sprinkle salmon with salt, pepper, garlic and chopped dill. Arrange lemon slices on top of fillet and place a sprig of dill on top of each lemon slice. Sprinkle fillet with chopped scallions.
3. Cover salmon with second piece of foil and pinch together foil to tightly seal. Place on a baking sheet or in a large baking dish.
4. Bake in preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes, until salmon flakes easily.

Nessa

Add to Technorati Favorites

1 comments:

Thanks for stopping by my blog and for leaving a comment.

I share your sentiments about New Year's Resolutions =)

I wish you a very bright and happy 2010!